Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Shot Cupid (A Dirty Look)

UPDATES! UPDATES! UPDATES!

A few more tidbits on how to be less creepy on a dating site (Continued):

Be a gentleman.  Remember that rule?  An oldie but a goodie.  You should know it's always good manners to open doors, pull out chairs, wait out side the restaurant for your date so she doesn't look like an ass craning her neck while she tries to remember what your profile picture looks like...and not posting on your profile that you expect certain types of sex.  I understand that sex is part of a healthy relationship and I understand that you're just being honest.  I can appreciate that.  You should appreciate my honesty in return: in no way does this make me say, 'Hey! Let's date!'  It makes me think, 'You're a rude prick.'  Can't things evolve?  Do we have to automatically be thrown into the deep end of the pool?  It's 2013.  We're in the modern age and I'm a modern woman.  This does not mean that romance and allure should be dead and I'm not going to accept any different. (And then she slammed the door!)

You have kids.  Admit it.     Okay, so I'm looking for a unicorn.  That unicorn is a male past the age of 29 with no biological children attached.  I love kids.  I want kids.  But I'm not looking to step into a step monster role right away. (I am now singing 'Simple Kind of Life' in my head.)  With that said, I have specified on my profile that I'd like the 'baby filter'.  (Totally made that up.  Not really called that.  No hate mail please.)  You sneaky snakes have found a way around it though!  I have been matched recently with men who have their profile pictures with babies (suspect but not a smoking gun), it says they have no children, but when you scan down to what they're 'Thankful For' they list their CHILDREN. (AHA!)  Dude.  Please.  Just check that box.  It'll save you time AND (more importantly) me time.  But your babies are beautiful, congratulations on...that.  And stuff.

Okay, that's all I got.  I'll leave you with the song that's blaring in my head...

       

No comments:

Post a Comment