Friday, November 23, 2012

Katniss is My Home Girl.

So I could use this blog to talk about the hell week I've had in the bakery due to Thanksgiving.  But I'd rather not rehash that insanity.  Or I could talk about my love life (or the lack there of) but that's just depressing.  And watching Big Rich Texas all day is making me want to reevaluate my life.  (Unless you watch it and then let's talk!  Oh my God, it's awesome!  Bonnie needs to be my best friend.)  Since I couldn't decide what to do I put everything in a mental bag, shook it like a Polaroid picture and pulled out.....THE HUNGER GAMES!!  Was that not obvious to you?  Weird.  We may not be that close.  Any hoo, anyone who knows me, knows I love The Hunger Games.  I even have a key chain, y'all.  But don't call me obsessed.  I think that's a lazy word, like spork or Bennifer.  I prefer 'dedicated'.  I'll admit, I was late to get into the series mostly because they're geared towards 'young adults' (although I fit that description, right? RIGHT?!)  I didn't hear about them until I saw a movie trailer and thought it looked entertaining.  Then Annie got the books before I did (electronically that is so she couldn't send me the books)  and loved them.  So on a shopping trip I stopped at a book store and saw the first book and thought, 'Hey, I have 2 other books started but the movie isn't for a couple of months so I have plenty of time to lazily read this.  No big deal.'

** Side note:  These books should have a huge disclaimer on them that warns 'This shit will ruin your life.  For the better.  Just thought you should know and stuff.  Also, high five for being awesome. **

  
Hello, lover.
Cut to 4 pm the next day and I'm salivating for the next book.  Did I walk to the book store down the road to get 'Catching Fire'?  No.  I friggin ran.  Literally.  And at the same time I ordered 'Mockingjay' online thinking it would be in my mail box before I finished 'Catching Fire'.  Ha!  HA!!  The second book was finished in literally 24 hrs.  And yes I was working at the same time and yes no one else had read the books other than Annie so she was being bombarded with texts and yes I was rehashing what I had just read while mixing bread in an industrial mixer.  It's amazing I didn't get my arm ripped off. 

When I finished the series I went into what can only be described as a deep depression.  I'm not even kidding.  I think I stared at the wall for an hour after I finished the last sentence, trying to figure out what to do with my life now.  The only thing I could hold on to was forcing some unsuspecting suckers to read them so they could be just as miserable as I was.  (Thanks and you're welcome Devin, Nikki, Mom, and Becky.)

It's at this time that you would think I'd dive into my favorite parts and divulge crucial information and basically spoil it for everyone who hasn't read it.  But I won't.  Because that would be a douche thing to do. 

** Side bar:  (YEAH! I'M TALKING TO YOU, YOU PRE-TWEEN GIRLS THAT WERE SCREAMING IN THE MOVIE!  NOT EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!! I forgive you though and suggest watching an amazing movie called 'The Brave Little Toaster'.  It's awesome!  Just like Twilight, I swear.) **

 I will admit that the first time I read 'The Hunger Games' (yes there has been more than one time.   Like 5 times each book.  In less than 3 months.  Don't judge me.)  I was all like 'What's Katniss's problem?  Why is she such a crabby pants?  We all got problems Katniss.  Build a bridge and get over it.' 

** Side burns:  (Because she was hungry y'all, that's why.  Being that hungry will make anyone crabby with a capital C-R-A-B.) ** 

 I identified with Peeta.  Then I fell in love with Peeta and decided we were soul mates.  Who cares that he's from the future, is only 16 years old, and fictional?  We are totally Romeo and Juliet.  Taylor Swift would write a song about us.  And yes I do realize that any guy reading this has totally categorized me as crazy and is not only slowly backing away, he's breaking into a sprint.  I'm okay with that.  You're probably a bad kisser any way.

                                                                   'Sup?
                                                          

One day I will get into an in depth conversation with you about how the movie compares, how Snow's character totally sucks, and the irony that riddles the books.  But for now I'm going to enjoy my margarita and pop in the movie.  Because really.  What else is there for me to do on a Friday night when I have the next day off?  Toodles!

** Last side note, I swear:  I don't need an intervention, I know I'm a loser.  Also, if I don't get emails/comments about how awesome The Hunger Games is you're on my list and I'd like the Katniss Barbie, or archery lessons for Xmas/my birthday. :o) **


 
Take notes.

5 comments:

  1. Yes. Thanks for ruining my life. Also, high five for being awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "She was hungry, ya'll" I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie- she needed a granola bar. Or beef jerky. That would have turned that frown upside down. And nikki- you're welcome! And you're so awesome that we don't high five. We pound it and make it explode. Like ganstas.

      Delete
  3. Haven't read the books yet, but loved the movie. Side note: if your sister has them on Kindle, all you need to do is download a Kindle app on your computer and log-in with your sister's password - then you have access to all her books! Dave and I share a Kindle account and as long as we aren't trying to read the same book at the same time there are no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy. First of all...read the books. You'll thank me later. Possibly through tears. Second of all I have a severe allergy to Kindles, Ereaders, etc. I break out in snobbery. I have vowed never to get one...unless I do then I will delete this post.

    ReplyDelete