Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Let's Hear it for the Baby Mamas

Ok guys this past week has been crazy. CRAZY.  You might say 'cray-cray' if you're so inclined.  With everything that has happened and is still on the schedule to happen all roads lead to how incredible all the mothers in my life are.  As you well know I have no children other than the fur ball who is increasingly becoming more flush in sweaters as the fall goes on and even she makes me so frustrated sometimes that I'm concerned that if she were an actual child I might end up in jail for shaking the baby.  And honestly I am just one bad date away from embracing organized religion and becoming a nun.  So when I had a moment of clarity today and realized how many mommas in my life are super under appreciated I decided I needed to give them a shout out on this little blog to let them know how much I love them and someone in the world sees how awesome they are. 

Awesome Momma Hall of Fame:

Leah Lewis:  This is my mom. For reals. No lie.  Now you know who to thank for all this awesomeness.  Or shake your head in pity for what she has to take from me, whatevs.  Not only has she raised 3 amazing daughters, she keeps a weekly movie, dinner, and little dog date with me AND she took me in this past week when the storm hit and I had no power.  And she spoiled Audrey with fresh air and food.  To top it all off she made an amazing chicken dinner on Sunday and put up with me basically falling into a food coma primarily from green bean casserole.  She also works at the bakery a few days a week so if you see her give her a high five for being so awesome.  Yay Mom!




Annie:  My oldest sister and mother of 3 children under the age of 5.  If you read her blog (shout out to www.mamawantsherprebabybodyback.blogspot.com) you know how crazy her life can be.  When she's not dealing with Elizabeth cutting her own hair, Rachel crying, or Caleb learning how to become king of the world, she's rocking a pretty hot bod.  She's a super woman basically and gives me awesome advice like, 'If you act like that in public, you will never get married.'  You go girl!



Amy John:  My very best friend in the whole world and of course lives a world away, all the way in NYC.  We have weekly text dates after she's put the kiddos to bed, while watching T.V. to keep the romance alive.  She has 3 beautiful children, is trying to finish going to fashion school, and I have no doubt that soon enough you will all be sporting something that has her name in it.  Oh yeah and she survived the hurricane that just hit New York hard and booked it to West Virginia for her mom's 50th birthday party AND made gluten-free corn bread!  See? Amazing.  Did I mention she's only 28?  You may now start hating her.  You should also know she learns from the best. Her mom, Colleen, is who I consider my second momma and is currently using her motherly awesomeness to bring sunshine into 2 more little girls' lives.



Rebecca McClintock Meadows:   The bread world brought us together and love of cheese and inappropriate humor will never let us part.  She has 2 handsome sons who will definitely be heart breakers, has earned at least 2 degrees, can play Bridge, and makes me jealous of her crazy calligraphy skills.  Martha Stewart should be afraid, very afraid.  She'll never judge you for owning a pair of  'nice' sweat pants that you save for the good company, will try what I consider adventurous things (adding cream cheese to nachos), and not laugh when I look truly terrified at the thought of waxing anything.  Soul mates are rare and she is definitely one of mine.

 



Watching these ladies do what they do day in and day out makes me glad our future generations have these Joan of Arcs to guide them.  Knowing all the mothers in the world don't hear enough how amazing they are, you should stop reading this blog right now, pick up the phone, and call them.  Tell them even though you know they're on the third day of wearing that pajama shirt and the biggest victory of the day is that one of the kids didn't electrocute themselves or cut the dog's hair, that they are BEAUTIFUL!  AMAZING!  GODDESSES!  And then offer to rescue her for a quick trip to Target, because even though it's just Target, without the kids, it's a spa vacation.  And don't forget the coupons. 

PEACE!

2 comments:

  1. I believe my direct quote was, "please don't act like that in public because I really want nieces and nephews one day!!" I love you and am thankful that you are not only my sister but a wonderful aunt to my children! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty good list :) Also, it's good to hear an update on Amy's life. I don't think we've talked since graduation - glad to hear she's doing well.

    ReplyDelete